GUIDELINES ON HOW AND WHERE TO APPLY IN TERMS OF THE LIQUOR ACT 02 OF 2008.
SECTION 20 – NEW APPLICATION
1. How to compile an application for the purpose of lodging.
1.1 Complete Form 2 (Notice of intension to apply), attach a R188-00 postal order (advertisement fee) and send to the following address three weeks before the day on which the application will be lodges:
PRIVATE BAG X85
149 BOSMAN STREET
1.2 Complete Form 1 (Application Form) in four copies;
1.3 Sign the Form 1 before the Commissioner of Oath, e.g. Police Officer, Attorneys;
1.4 Pay R500-00 at the Department of Economic Development & Tourism as the application fee prescribes and obtain an official receipt on or before the application is lodged;
1.5 Attach the following to the application form (Form 1):
- Application Fee receipt from the Department
- Approved Plans of the premises
- Photographs of the premises (if its an erected structure)
- Description of the premises in terms of the location, layout, construction, roofing, flooring, furniture, fittings and toilet facilities
- Comprehensive written representation or motivation in respect of the application;
- Proof of advertisement in government gazette and local newspaper;
- Applicants contribution in combating alcohol abuse
- The land usage restriction applicable to the premises concern.
KIND OF LICENSES
ON-CONSUMPTION KIND OF LICENSE
- a hotel;
- a restaurant;
- a wine-house;
- a theatre;
- a club;
- a sorghum beer chinking house;
- a tavern;
- a guest house;
- a nightclub;
- a gambling house; or
- a sportsclub,
OFF-CONSUMPTION KIND OF LICENSE
- a liquor store;
- a grocer selling wine; or
- a business selling sorghum beer, for consumption off the licensed premises.
- A license may be granted for the micro-manufacturing of liquor.
Click on the link below to download:
6 DE BEERS ROAD
PRIVATE BAG X6108
087 310 5318
(053) 839 4073